[OSGeo-Discuss] Topic talks in Paris on FOSS4G-Europe

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Mon Jul 3 08:57:33 PDT 2017

In exactly 16 days, Foss4G-Europe will start in Paris.
The first day we will have 2 topic talks[1].

Topic talks are an important platform for the OSGeo community to discuss
and debate about important 'topics' concerning OSGeo.

The two topic talks on Wednesday 19 July are about one of the important
instruments for OSGeo software dissemination: The OSGeo Live project.

During the first session, Angelos will present an overview of the latest
Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial available.

The second topic talk will focus on initiatives taken to make the OSGeo
live environment better suited for use within the INSPIRE context.
Alexander Kotsev, Dirk Frigne, Robin Smith, Berdien Deroo, Lorena
Hernandes prepared an overvie of the state of the art how the last
version of the OSGeo Life environment can be used for INSPIRE - out of
the box, and how we can improve the process.