[OSGeo-Discuss] The Future of Geo is Open

Brian M Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Thu Jul 6 12:24:31 PDT 2017

  deep truths are paradox - 'Open' is one side of the future.. which future are you, the listener, participating in?
Many core values and environmental systems are under strain right now.. how to respond ?
-
For a formal document, I still refer to the UK Government's statement on Open Data from a few years ago..
since it was such a profound shift for them to make that change, I suspect they put extra effort into
the articulation of it..

Open Data White Paper -- Unleashing the Potential   June 2012
Open Data Standard and Principles -- 2012
   The Rt Hon Francis Maude MP, Minister for the Cabinet Office and Paymaster General

In the US, the Office of the President of the US made some good statements on Open Data and Open Principles,
The Executive Order of the President is not the only document  (I know, Cat-Baz 101 ** !)  but is worth attention.

--
** Cat-Baz
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar

more on request