[OSGeo-Discuss] GeoAmbassodor – Patrick Hogan

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Jun 11 02:19:22 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of GeoforAll community, It is my great pleasure to introduce Patrick Hogan as our GeoAmbassador. Patrick Hogan began his U.S. Government career with the Environmental Protection Agency in 1990, and then joined NASA a year later as their senior environmental geologist at Ames Research Center. In 2002 Patrick was asked to lead the NASA Learning Technologies program. This is where NASA World Wind was born, the world's first open source virtual globe program. In 2009 World Wind received the prestigious NASA Software of the Year award. There are versions of World Wind in Java, Android and for the Web in JavaScript. We are especially grateful for Patrick’s efforts in creating the NASA Europa Challenge initiative which adds great momentum to our efforts to promote openness in education and research worldwide. Now in its fifth edition  the aim of this challenge is to inspire ideas for building great applications that serves the INSPIRE Directive and uses NASA’s open source virtual globe technology World Wind. This NASA challenge attracts the best minds to develop their ideas covering a broad range of domains from transportation to air quality to linked data.

Details of his  contributions are at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2017/06/geoambassodor-patrick-hogan/

We are proud to honour  Patrick as our GeoAmbassodor and we are extremely grateful for his contributions to Geo for All and for Open Principles in Education.

I am grateful for this opportunity of introducing some of our amazing colleagues  from different parts of our world each month as our GeoAmbassadors and get inspired by their amazing work and contributions for the wider community.

Best wishes,

Suchith

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.