[OSGeo-Discuss] UN-GGIM Academic Network

Peter Mooney petermooney78 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 14:57:19 PDT 2017

This is great news - Congratulations and well done Maria on the development
of the UN-GGIM Academic Network.

Just to echo what Jody said about GeoForAll - I would be very interested to
hear your opinion, and Suchith's opinion, on where GeoForAll stands now
that this more formalised and high level academic network has been
established?

I feel that in many cases, for Universities and Research Centers, it might
be very difficult to have an application signed by the top level of the
University. I know in my case it would be very difficult.

GeoForAll offers the very inclusive, bottom up, grass-roots, type of
educational network where a single, small, dedicated and motivated lab
within a complex system like a University can join (based on agreeing to
the GeoForAll MOU) and working with open principles for open education and
learning.

Peter