[OSGeo-Discuss] (no subject)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Wed Mar 29 02:56:42 PDT 2017

Kiringai,
thanks for your thoughts but I cannot quite follow your argument. Or
rather, you are just reiterating an old claim by some proprietary
vendors stating that their software provides more operations security
/due to being developed in a proprietary model/. This claim has never
been evidenced and probably cannot be proven anyway.

Please excuse me if I misunderstood your argument.

Thanks,
Arnulf

Am 29.03.2017 um 05:50 schrieb Kiringai Kamau:
> Steven this has been the experience of many corporates as theyrise the   ladder of visibility. Indeed from an operations security perspective proprietary solutions end up being cheaper and secure making corporates migrate to proprietary ones.
>
> However, if the desire is to just collect data fir value added analytics it's best to retain the open source dynamic. Proper planning always guides the best model to use.
>
> Kiringai
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 25 Mar 2017, at 20:06, Steven Feldman <shfeldman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Implementation, customisation, integration, training, ongoing support, maintenance and hosting are the main costs regardless of whether the underlying software is proprietary or open source

http://metaspatial.net
Spatially enabling your business.