[OSGeo-Discuss] Terms and definitions: Free and Open Source Software (for Geospatial)

Guido Stein guido at guidostein.com
Fri Mar 31 03:37:38 PDT 2017

Thank you Seven for your definition of terms.

I think that this is an important topic for understanding and clarity of
communication. I like Free (Libre) fundamentally. That said, I am writing
this message on a Mac, so my usage of non-libre tools is always a bt
conflicted and I am slowly moving myself to be in better alignment with
Libre.

One of the reasons that Richard Stallman is going to Keynote the FOSS4G
this year is because I think he does a great job of clearly explaining the
importance of Libre. I think he is an extreme outlier, but that is
important in these discussions.

 Thanks again,

Guido