[OSGeo-Discuss] twitting

Ben Caradoc-Davies ben at transient.nz
Fri Nov 3 15:27:40 PDT 2017

On 04/11/17 09:06, Vicky Vergara wrote:
> I what to know:
> - The regularity of the election. (tweet says is irregular)

Our CRO says that the elections were regular. On the basis of what I
have seen, I support the findings of the CRO.

Surprising or unusual behaviour by individuals does not negate the
election. Members have exercised their votes. The results have been
returned. The new board is in place. I accept the legitimacy of this
democratic process, even though only two of the candidates I supported
were successful.

> - if a suggestion makes a motion.

Not according to Robert's Rules of Order, which require formal statement
of a motion.

> - If a member of the board making a suggestion is stopping the board from
> working normally

The reason why committee decisions can be made with a majority vote is
to allow the committee to continue to function even in the presence of
minority views or distractions. I trust the board to filter out the
noise and make decisions that best further the goals of OSGeo.

> - If a suggestion that is not liked by a non board member can be used in
> twitter and not be dealt on a proper IRC channel or mailing list.
> and of course, if bringing a tweet like that to the discuss list for all
> members is ok or not. (I hope it is, because other wise I am trouble).

I like public meetings and open discussion. Transparency is healthy. Let
everyone have their say, in whatever forum, with calm and civility, and
be accountable for their actions.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben at transient.nz>