[OSGeo-Discuss] twitting

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 14:07:55 PDT 2017

Vicky the meeting mins
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-11-02> are now available.

We had a little bit of trouble coordinating communication yesterday. Jeff
was excited to find that foundation officers do not changed until the board
makes a motion and caused a bit of confusion online.

The election was unduly confusing which has many people anxious including
our friend Howard. However the board reviewed and accepted
<https://www.loomio.org/d/PauIx2jl/review-of-2017-election-process> the
election process (without knowing the results). Part of that meeting
confirmed we could function if the election resulted in an open vacancy;
fortunately that did not come to pass.

With respect to project officer no motion has been made, we are looking at
setting up a f2f meeting for this.

A suggestion of course does not make a motion, and the board is not
hindered in function. We have a chair and follow the usual robert rules of
order. You can see to two motions that were accomplished as part of the
meeting.

Media, including social media, is free for communication. On our own
mailing lists, including discuss at osgeo.org, we have a code of conduct to
follow.

Bring a tweet, blog post, or news article to the discussion list is
perfectly okay. Our code of conduct is there to help provide a safe space
for participation and discussion.

In my personal opinion only, part of the reason this last election cycle
was confusing is the boundary between personal and professional criticism.
Candidates, were asked about their experience and track record as part of
election process.
--
Jody Garnett