[OSGeo-Discuss] Membership process & email

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:04:56 PDT 2017

Hi,

While I agree that all those seconding emails might flood some inboxes
(though most of modern mails have system to redirect and filter
messages), it was a real pleasure to see all the reaction from the
community: people I've never heard about, people I've never read a
message from (ok i'm not that long subscribed to the list) but from a
simple member of the community, it's just a: "WOUAW!!!! What a big and
passionate community!"
And I'm afraid that putting seconding messages elsewhere will just
hide this passion from the community, which imho deserves us: I'm
interested in knowing nominees profile (information sometimes brought
by seconding messages), but I'm not sure i will do the needed step to
check a wiki or a list elsewhere; having it in my box is just easier
and convenient.

my 2cts,
Harrissou