[OSGeo-Discuss] 2017 membership process update

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Mon Sep 18 02:26:44 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I'd like to let you know that all the nominated persons got seconded (no
veto recorded) and after the board formal approval they will all be
officially recognized as OSGeo charter members. However, because of the
large number of nominations, we a slight delay in our 2017 elections
initial schedule. That's why I propose you to postpone until next Monday
the start of the new board members elections. This will give us time to
properly update the charter member database and for the board to
validate the new members. Also, due to the high number of emails managed
by the CROs during the last weeks, one nomination was not processed. We
would like to express our most sincerer apologies for this unfortunate
situation. To fix this, we propose to make an exception, to accept the
nomination and to allow 24 hours for the community to review/second the
nomination.

Thank you all for supporting OSGeo!

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff