[OSGeo-Discuss] [Marketing] Proprietary GIS on our OSGeo website

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 15:08:37 PDT 2017

Maria

It appears that there is a misunderstanding (at best) about the target audiences of the web site. Our primary objective is to use the new web site as a tool for outreach to people who are not already committed to using open source geo. Hence the focus on enabling/encouraging/informing ‘migration’

You may believe that you are representing the views of people who voted for you but you should also recognise that there are others within the community who may or may not have voted for you who hold equally strong but opposing views. The community does not speak with one voice nor does it currently have a mechanism to poll opinion on detailed topics such as this. I think it would be a mistake for board members to seek to impose their views on the marketing (or any other committee).

Best
______
Steven