[OSGeo-Discuss] Proprietary GIS on our OSGeo website

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:20:54 PDT 2017

We have that kind of page here
http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/about/migrate-open-source-gis/ ... The
link was removed from the hero area when Steve Feldman changed this in
Boston, so there is no content there now.

Are we not willing to even mention the names of these proprietary
products for fear of 'promoting' them? Or do we want to present the
user coming from outside our community some context about which open
source projects are an analogue or replacement for the proprietary
products they are already familiar with? Thats the real question in my
mind.