[OSGeo-Discuss] Proprietary GIS on our OSGeo website

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:12:32 PDT 2017

Hi,

The last 3 sentences of this statement make me worry for more future
conflicts.

What happens when the Marketing Committee (which has the mandate to
outreach for OSGeo and create the new web site) conflicts with the new
Website Management Team (part of Systems Administration Committee) on
the content of the web site?
Which one of these teams gets to decide if the site focuses on our
community (us) or on bringing in new users (outreach)? Do-ocracy is not
an option in this case, both groups are willing to act.
Going through the by-laws [1] once again, I see that the only conflict
resolution process we have in place is a Board resolution.

Just to be clear: I am not against forming the "Website Management
Team", just trying to be pro-active.

I suggest discussing this matter at the next Board meeting [2]

Best,
Angelos

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/content/foundation/incorporation/bylaws.html
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-10-05