[OSGeo-Discuss] Proprietary GIS on our OSGeo website

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 14:52:32 PDT 2017

Thanks Even I was going to try and circle back to this today.

We do have the wish to list product names, notably for supported formats
and interoperability. The http://osgeo.getinteractive.nl/projects/geoserver/
page lists for example:

*Server data from a variety of data sources*
Vector: Shapefiles, External WFS, PostGIS, ArcSDE, DB2, Oracle Spatial,
MySql, SQL Server and more!
Raster: GeoTiff, JPG and PNG (with world file), image pyramid, GDAL
formats, Image Mosaic, Oracle GeoRaster, NetCDF

We do have a legitimate reason to use product names, but there is reason to
be careful/respectful when doing so. In the above list we should probably
add SQLServer® for example, and a footnote to the page.

--
Jody Garnett