[OSGeo-Discuss] PostGIS 2.4.0 is released
lr at pcorp.us
Sat Sep 30 00:47:12 PDT 2017
The PostGIS development team is pleased to announce the release of PostGIS
Best served with [PostgreSQL 10RC1
and pgRouting 2.5.0 :
See the full list of changes in the
* Source: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/source/postgis-2.4.0.tar.gz
* html docs: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/doc-html-2.4.0.tar.gz
(this version includes Japanese, German, Portuguese and Korean single html
* pdf: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-2.4.0.pdf
* epub: http://download.osgeo.org/postgis/docs/postgis-2.4.0.epub
Please report: http://postgis.net/support/ that you find in this release.
* 3822, Have postgis_full_version() also show and check version of
PostgreSQL the scripts were built against (Sandro Santilli)
* 2411, curves support in ST_Reverse (Sandro Santilli)
* 2951, ST_Centroid for geography (Danny Götte)
* 3788, Allow postgis_restore.pl to work on directory-style (-Fd) dumps
* 3772, Direction agnostic ST_CurveToLine output (Sandro Santilli / KKGeo)
* 2464, ST_CurveToLine with MaxError tolerance (Sandro Santilli / KKGeo)
* 3599, Geobuf output support via ST_AsGeobuf (Björn Harrtell)
* 3661, Mapbox vector tile output support via ST_AsMVT (Björn Harrtell /
* 3689, Add orientation checking and forcing functions (Dan Baston)
* 3753, Gist penalty speed improvements for 2d and nd points
* 3677, ST_FrechetDistance (Shinichi Sugiyama)
- Most aggregates (raster and geometry),
and all stable / immutable (raster and geometry) marked as parallel safe
* 2249, ST_MakeEmptyCoverage for raster (David Zwarg, ainomieli)
* 3709, Allow signed distance for ST_Project (Darafei Praliaskouski)
* 524, Covers support for Polygon-on-polygon, line on line,
point on line for geography (Danny Götte)
* Support for PostgreSQL 10
* 3645, Avoid loading logically deleted records from shapefiles
* 3747, Add zip4 and address_alphanumeric as attributes
to norm_addy tiger_geocoder type.
* 3748, address_standardizer lookup tables update
so pagc_normalize_address better standardizes abbreviations
* 3647, better handling of noding in ST_Node using GEOSNode
* 3684, Update to EPSG register v9
* 3830, Fix initialization of incompatible type (>=9.6) address_standardizer
* 3662, Make shp2pgsql work in debug mode by sending debug to stderr
* 3405, Fixed memory leak in lwgeom_to_points
* 3832, Support wide integer fields as int8 in shp2pgsql
* 3841, Deterministic sorting support for empty geometries in btree
* 3844, Make = operator a strict equality test, and < > to rough "spatial
* 3855, ST_AsTWKB memory and speed improvements
* Dropped support for PostgreSQL 9.2.
* 3810, GEOS 3.4.0 or above minimum required to compile
* Most aggregates now marked as parallel safe,
which means most aggs have to be dropped / recreated.
If you have views that utilize PostGIS aggs,
you'll need to drop before upgrade and recreate after upgrade
* B-Tree index operators < = > changed to provide better spatial locality on
and have expected behavior on GROUP BY. It now works on exact geometry
instead of bounding box.
If you have btree index for geometry or geography, you need to REINDEX it,
if it was created by accident and needs to be replaced with GiST index.
If your code relies on old left-to-right box compare ordering,
update it to use << >> operators.
* `_ST_DumpPoints` removed, was no longer needed after PostGIS 2.1.0
when ST_DumpPoints got reimplemented in C.
PostGIS Development Team
More information about the Discuss