[OSGeo-Discuss] Friends of OSGeo vs. OSGeo partners: Definition ?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:22:40 PDT 2018

Not documented on the wiki, best record is the website meeting notes.

1) Partner any kind of formal relationship, does not have to be a MOU (for
some reason this has become the "preferred way" not sure why). Examples
include LocationTech (with a guest membership and representative), QGIS.org
(seat on the board), etc....

2) Friend: An organization such as OpenStreetMap where we have a strong
working relationship and respect (enough to be comfortable recommending
guests interested in open data visit OSM), but no formal relationship or
commitment between the organizations.

--
Jody Garnett