[OSGeo-Discuss] Diversity in FOSS4G

Mark Iliffe markiliffe at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:42:56 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I’ve really agonised over whether to send this email. First of which, being the imminent final preparations for FOSS4G taking up a lot of time, but also whether it’s appropriate for me in my role of chair of FOOS4G to offer public critique of regional events. It is in this vein that I’d like to really stress that I’m writing this as an OSSGeo charter member.

When I first saw this, my heart sank: http://www.foss4g-asia.org/2018/keynotes/

Where is the gender diversity in the line up? I know that organising a FOSS4G is really difficult, but we need to be reaching far and wide and that starts with our keynotes. Potentially I’m missing something here - and I probably am, if so I am sorry if this is the case! - but can we have a rethink of the line up to really represent our community?

Thank you,

Mark