[OSGeo-Discuss] new to open source

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Fri Aug 10 15:58:28 PDT 2018

Hello akash,

I am VIcky from pgRouting project.
As Jody mentions, you need to check on GSoC schedule.
Don't limited yourself to GSoC, we welcome non GSoC contributions also.

In particular, those algorithms that you mention they just have being
implemented (by GSoC students).
Any way, there are many many many Graph Algorithms that pgRouting would
like to have.

For a more ample discussion please sign up to pgRouting developers mailing
list.

Thanks
Vicky

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:02 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Akash:
>
> The google summer of code follows a set schedule, so it is some time yet
> before proposals are asked for. Minimum spanning tree does look
> interesting, perhaps have a look at projects like pgRouting to see how they
> handle network representations and if they either have a history of
> participation in GSOC or are planning to participate in 2019.
>
> I hope you enjoy your open source journey.
> --
> Jody Garnett
>

> On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 at 09:45, AKASH AGGARWAL 5-Yr IMD Math. & Computing <
> akash.aggarwal.mat15 at itbhu.ac.in> wrote:
>

>> Hello!
>> My name is Akash Aggarwal and i am a fourth year  student at faculty of *mathematics
>> and computing *at *Indian Institute of Technology Banaras Hindu
>> University, Varanasi (IIT-BHU). *I am currently pursuing a bachelor's
>> degree in mathematical sciences.
>> I am willing to participate in Google Summer of Code 2019. I would love
>> to do so with OSGeo because i believe that your mission is very noble and
>> that i can gain a lot of software development knowledge from you.
>> I have a good knowledge of the technologies mentioned (c/c++,python etc.)
>> i will like to contribute to Implement Minimum Spanning Tree and min-cut.
>>
>> i would like to ask any available mentors, if possible, for guidance on
>> what i should do next. I am all new to this field.
>>
>> Thank you!

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany