[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS for Application Schema development

Jorge S Mendes de Jesus jorge.dejesus at geocat.net
Fri Aug 17 01:06:39 PDT 2018

Hi to all

I am going to reply  to this thread with a big disclaimer: Never tested
or serious read the docs

With this tool:

https://shapechange.net/

If you have a UML model in XMI format you could probably use it to
generate a Application Schema

So far I havent found serious documentation***(for dummies**) *on how to
do an application schema aside from some docs from OGC of already
"standards" using application schema
(https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=31065)

Also, there is an ISO that could contain interesting information

ISO 19109:2015 - Geographic information -- Rules for application schema

But again pay wall to have access to information that IMHO should be
open source

Jorge