[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS for Application Schema development

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 16:52:54 PDT 2018

A number of years back there was an Australian government sponsored
development of developing application schemas and open source tools.
At the time I was involved in it, the tools were functional and
powerful, but still needed polish and were hard to get going.

Here are some details to the project:
https://www.seegrid.csiro.au/wiki/Siss/FullMoon

Hopefully some of the people involved in the project can add more
details. (Hello Rob Atkinson?)

On 17/8/18 6:06 pm, Jorge S Mendes de Jesus wrote:

> Hi to all
>
> I am going to reply  to this thread with a big disclaimer: Never
> tested or serious read the docs
>
> With this tool:
>
> https://shapechange.net/
>
> If you have a UML model in XMI format you could probably use it to
> generate a Application Schema
>

> So far I havent found serious documentation***(for dummies**) *on how
> to do an application schema aside from some docs from OGC of already
> "standards" using application schema
> (https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=31065)
>

> Also, there is an ISO that could contain interesting information
>
> ISO 19109:2015 - Geographic information -- Rules for application schema
>
> But again pay wall to have access to information that IMHO should be
> open source
>
> Jorge
>
> On 17-08-18 09:55, 최규성 wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I agree with Bart's understanding in the attached reply mail.
>>
>> While the original subject raised by Bart has been also of my great
>> interest, this seems to get less attention from the Discussion List
>> members. I myself have no good idea other than Enterprise Architect
>> by Sparx Systems. Is there anybody who can answer more about Bart's
>> questions;
>> - Is there any FOSS alternative?
>> - What would be in general the FOSS way of developing an application
>> schema?
>>
>> Hoping to get feedbacks... Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Kyu-sung Choi
>> EZMapping, Seoul, Korea (M. +82-10-5414-4374)

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254