[OSGeo-Discuss] [COC-discuss] Changes (and proposed changes) regarding the Code of Conduct

Hans Gregers Hedegaard Petersen gregers at septima.dk
Tue Dec 11 03:08:30 PST 2018

Dear all,

Arnulf puts so nicely into words, what has concerned me in the last few
days. How can we ever be a welcoming community if we presume guilt?
The presumption of innocence is a core value of most (if not all?) of the
justice systems we see as fair, why differ from that in OSGEO?
In fact presumption of guilt might very well be seen as being in direct
opposition to our current CoC and the basic values of our community.

I see a frustration regarding a current "case", where "conviction" is not
possible, due to the balance of the given evidence.
Presumption of guilt might very well have changed this given case - but it
would, in my mind, also be toxic and change our community for the (much)
worse.

I therefore implore you: do not break down the basis of an open and fair
community to "fix" a single case. The slope is slippery.

Best regards,

Greg