[OSGeo-Discuss] ESA-NASA WebWorldWind

bradh at frogmouth.net bradh at frogmouth.net
Wed Feb 14 14:18:11 PST 2018

Just so we’re clear – the geopackage stuff in WWSK is a fork of (i.e. copy from) the community modules in geotools and geoserver. For example, see https://github.com/NASAWorldWind/WorldWindServerKit/blob/develop/worldwind-gs-geopkg/src/test/java/gov/nasa/worldwind/gs/geopkg/GeoPackageGetMapOutputFormatTest.java

Some changes have been made (including rebranding the Java namespaces). Clearly the changes can’t just be taken from WWSK, as noted in the OSGeo links in Ian’s email.

I just hadn’t seen any communication or PRs, and wondered if that was the intent. I’m a bit surprised by the wording in your email though – if you have contributions, then why not just propose them like other contributors do?

Brad