[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G 2018 sponsorship

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 10:45:39 PST 2018

OSGeo is an advocate for open source and encourage all organizations to
contribute.

Personally I am happy to see ESRI participating, and have watched their
open source game improve with the java geometry library first being
released, and perhaps now accepting contributions.

There is always work to be done and open source culture is a long game. I
look forward to the next steps when we can focus more on a vendor neutral
playground for collaboration (such as software foundations).

I was also sad to see ESRI Europe drop out of the last day of our FOSS4G
Europe event, we can and should be more welcoming in keeping with our
vision.

Empowering everyone with open source requires a big heart!

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 6:26 AM Stefano Campus <skampus at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I see ESRI is one of the sponsor of FOSS4G 2018.
> Do the OSGeo Board and Local Committee think it is appropriate?
> Our Romans ancestors used to say: 'Pecunia non olet' (money don't smell)
> but sometimes...
>
> Thank you for your reply
>
> Stefano Campus

Jody Garnett