[OSGeo-Discuss] Regarding Genode Installation

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 22:38:27 PST 2018

Dear Himanshu,

that error means that you are using the wrong ubuntu version, for the 2.6
it is required the 16.04.
You can refer to the docs for more information
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/

Moreover feel free to ask for support on the geonode mailing lists
geonode-users at lists.osgeo.org.

Best regards

satone_himanshu.ghrcecs at raisoni.net>:

> Respected Sir/Mam,
>
> My Name is Himanshu Satone, I am working as an intern In National Remote
> Sensing Center, Indian Space Research Organization(NRSC,ISRO). I tried to
> install and impliment the Geonode 2.6 version in Ubuntu and i have some
> question regarding the installation process. My questions are:-
>
> 1. I tried to implement the installation command (sudo add-apt-repository
> ppa:gepnode/stable) and it shows the error that no repository exist. My
> question is that what is the actual meaning of this command. Does it checks
> the repository which was already downloaded in the computer or it downloads
> the repository. And why did that commands shows the error that no
> repository exist.
>
> 2.  I downloaded a repository file from internet and used the same command
> (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gepnode/stable) with the correct path, to
> install the repository and it works very fine and installed my geonode. I
> want to aks is there any other methods to download the repository directly
> using command or any other methods rather than downloading it manually with
> some 3 party website.
>
> I Kindly request you to look into these questions and help me out.
>
> Thanking You
> Himanshu Satone

Simone