[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Code Sprint 2018 Bonn is looking for sponsors

communitysprint at osgeo.org communitysprint at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 10 23:18:54 PST 2018

Hello,

OSGeo Code Sprint will come to Bonn (Germany) in March 2018 [1]. You are
invited to join us. And we would like to ask you to sponsor the event.

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) has a long tradition of
organizing code sprints for developers of Open Source GIS software [2]

Simultaneously with the FOSSGIS Conference 2018 in Bonn [3] an
international code sprint of the OSGeo will take place from 19 to 25
March 2018.
We expect about 80 developers from all over the world to come from
various OSGeo projects [4]. Whether desktop application, geospatial
library, metadata catalog or web mapping: be sure to find products in
the list that you use. Thus, the Code Sprint is also an opportunity for
your developers to meet with the core developers of the projects, get a
deeper insight into the software and participate in the development.

The code sprint will take place at  BaseCamp [5] in Bonn. During the
FOSS4G 2016 [6] in Bonn we organized already a code sprint at this
location, in which about 100 developers worked on the open source
projects every day [7].

In addition to the costs of providing the technical infrastructure, the
cost of food and drinks for the developers is the main cost. A buffet at
lunchtime and drinks during the whole day are intended.

So far, the code sprint is already sponsored by OSGeo, FOSSGIS e. V.,
WhereGroup, azavea & EOX.

In order to cover the costs, we would be very pleased about further
sponsors!

What we offer:
* Your logo on top of the websites of the Code Sprint [8] [1] as well as
on all official documents around the Code Sprint
* Mention in all code sprint related mails
* Our undying gratitude, which comes in handy when you least expect it
(Remember that feature you wanted...)

Our sponsorship levels:
* Gold: >= 2500 USD
* Silver: 1500 USD
* Bronze: 750 USD

So...
* get your company talking to the top developers of the scene!
* enable your GIS developers to take advantage of this opportunity,
there is no better opportunity to learn!
* support the software you use - you benefit immediately.

Thank you very much!

Contact: to sponsor, please contact astrid_emde at osgeo.org directly.

[1]  https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Code_Sprint_2018
[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Code_Sprints