[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo4W missing in new website

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jan 22 14:17:19 PST 2018

>Gesendet: Sonntag, 21. Januar 2018 um 06:15 Uhr
>Von: "Jody Garnett"
>An: "Helmut Kudrnovsky"
>Cc: "OSGeo Discussions" <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>, osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org
>Betreff: Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo4W missing in new website
>
>Helmut do you have any contact details for the OSGeo4W project?  Please ask the OSGeo4W team to contact the incubation committee[https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/incubation/] (for edit access to create a project page).
>
>--
>Jody Garnett

forwarding from the OSGeo4W ML
[https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/osgeo4w-dev/2018-January/003489.html]

-------------------
> https://www.osgeo.org/projects/osgeo4w/

I get "sorry that page doesn't exist", and I am logged in. I don't see it
under "All Projects" or "Community Projects" either.

More generally: It's extremely heartening to see a new Osgeo website on a
mainstream platform and looking current and relevant. As for Osgeo4W. It's
used by many thousands of people but maintained by less than a handful,
with herculean effort. I know this has been stated already in this thread,
but I wish to underline that fact!  *All hail Jurgen, Markus, and Martin *for
their sustained effort to keep Osgeo4w ticking these last few years.

*>>>insert vaguely formulated thoughts about how someone else (osgeo,
vienna, anonymous hero, ...), could provide some community building and
support resources to ensure health and continuity of the osgeo4w ecosystem.
Recognizing that the download infrastructure and website from Osgeo are
huge supports, but they're not enough for vitality. Our 3 heroes can't or
won't do this indefinitely. <<<*

Matt

kind regards
Helmut