[OSGeo-Discuss] identifying sponsorship opportunities for 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:18:38 PST 2018

Asking our community what activities are available for sponsorship has been
... mediocre at best.

We have our first sponsorship renewals starting in February - and several
key activities are late to the party:

- FOSS4G - while esri, google and world bank are listed there is no
invitation to sponsor or transparency on sponsorship opportunity and
benefits
- UN Committee - capacity building exercises
- Conference Committee - travel grant program

In each case I am looking for a link describing indicating that sponsorship
is desired, what sponsorship will be used for, and that sponsorship will be
acknowledged. For a gold standard please see
http://zoo-project.org/new/Get%20involved/Sponsorship that covers
sponsorship "goals", "uses" and "benefits", along with sponsorship plans.

Sponsorship is a great opportunity to share event costs/risk, provide
operational cost to our projects, and support our academic and open data
initiatives .. but to make it work your participation is needed.

Thanks to Sergio and others that have responded to my initial request.

--
Jody Garnett