[OSGeo-Discuss] Greetings to all colleagues on Open Data Day 2018

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 1 04:10:27 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of GeoForAll, I send our warm greetings to all colleagues on Open Data Day 2018. Open Data Day is an annual celebration of open data all over the world. For the seventh time in history, groups from around the world will create local events on the day where they will use open data in their communities. It is an opportunity to show the benefits of open data and encourage the adoption of open data policies in government, business and civil society. All outputs are open for everyone to use and re-use.

Thee are lot of activities happening around the world for Open Data Day 2018 . For example in Tanzania , to celebrate Open Data Day<http://opendataday.org/>, <https://crowd2map.wordpress.com/> Crowd2Map<https://crowd2map.wordpress.com>, <https://datazetu.or.tz/> Data Zetu<https://datazetu.or.tz/> and <http://ramanihuria.org/> <http://ramanihuria.org> have organised a  free 3 day event at the Institute of Rural Development Planning<http://mwanza.irdp.ac.tz/>, Mwanza, Tanzania.  QGIS will be used as well. Open data and Free and open source software is truly is great combination :-)  My thanks to all amazing volunteers for making this possible.

Details at <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/open-data-day-openstreetmap-training-event-tickets-42906056169> https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/open-data-day-openstreetmap-training-event-tickets-42906056169

What a great way to welcome FOSS4G 2018 http://2018.foss4g.org in Dar es Salaam :-)

Join us for the Open Data Day on 3rd March 2018 and share the ideas...

Details at <http://opendataday.org/> http://opendataday.org

Best wishes,

Suchith

attachment.