[OSGeo-Discuss] [Geo4All] What is Openwashing? Is there any examples in GIS Vendors?

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sun Nov 4 12:04:12 PST 2018

Hi Jody,

Thank you for your mail. I agree with your inputs and observations.

We need to enjoy the humour that all these open washing vendors are  providing freely to everyone!   I am enjoying the lot of humour coming from some GIS vendors adverts in recent years .  In future, we shouldn’t be surprised if we see any GIS vendors doing wholesale marketing/sales of “The Wisdom” .... Just joking :-)

I am of the view that both open and proprietary systems have an important place and need to work together. We are all part of a big ecosystem all working for Geo.

Best wishes,

Suchith