[OSGeo-Discuss] Marketing Committee 2019 Goals and Support
jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:27:52 PDT 2018
> 1) Can you share what you think the goals for the Marketing Committee
> should be in 2019?
The part of our OSGeo mandate that the marketing committee is positioned to
help with is "outreach" - communicating our message to the world. We have a
number of efforts across osgeo (local chapters, geoforall and events all
come to mind).
2) Are there any folks who would be willing to help maintain and produce
> current content for OSGeo website?
The website is self serve by the committees and projects that make up our
- GeoForAll is making good use of the facilities for example.
- The incubation committee has some work to do, helping new projects get
listed on the website.
The marketing committee has some work to do here as well and we really need
to recruit! Writing articles (not of a technical nature) introducing how
open source represents a different approach and a different ideal for the
geospatial community. :)
During the code sprint we had some fun updating:
- https://www.osgeo.org/community/welcome/ (previously the described osgeo
taking over from the "University of Minnesota and other organizations" )
But more is needed:
- we need a page on how to start a local chapter
- incubation committee needs a page on how to add a project
- geoforall needs a page on how to add a geoforall lab
Metrics can be hard though:
- any interest in having analytics on the site so we can see what is
- a good metric "getting started page" would be new people signing up for
discuss at osgeo.org and emailing an introduction
> Hey folks,
> The Marketing Committee is working on setting goals for 2019 and would
> like to get some feedback from the community at large. As we move forward
> we plan to formalize what metrics we will use to evaluate our success in
> reaching these goals.
> Our main goals include:
> - to support our internal conferences with informational materials
> - to support our projects
> We would also like to solicit support with keeping the website current and
> would appreciate any folks who would be interested in supporting this
> effort. If you are willing to help out, please join the marketing list and
> share your interest there:
> Thank you for your consideration and feedback,
> Guido & the Marketing Committee
> Discuss mailing list
> Discuss at lists.osgeo.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Discuss