[OSGeo-Discuss] Application to accept GeoExt as a OSGeo Community Project

Andy Anderson aanderson at amherst.edu
Mon Aug 5 06:09:11 PDT 2019

Hi, Seth,

GeoExt is a very interesting project. But it sounds like it requires ExtJS, and I wonder if the latter is also open source? I’m looking at this page:

	https://www.sencha.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Ext-JS-Open-Source-web-v2.pdf

where they mention its use with other open-source tools and its “open source packaging”, but then requires a 30-day free trial.

There is a free “community” edition, but it appears that you still have to register for it and it has restrictive licensing:

	https://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/communityedition/

In our experience it also lags behind the “premium” edition in features, though if it is open source it is what it is.

Does GeoExt work with the “community” edition? And do you have any more information about its licensing?

Thanks,

— Andy