[Incubator] Application to accept GeoExt as a OSGeo Community Project

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 05:04:20 PDT 2019

Dear Incubation Committee,

On behalf of the GeoExt PSC I would like to apply for OSGeo Community Project status for the GeoExt project.

>From our understanding the project meets all criteria as listed at [1]. The process for application has been documented in the GeoExt repository [2], along with a PSC vote.

GeoExt is open source and enables building desktop-like GIS applications through the web. It is a JavaScript framework that combines the GIS functionality of OpenLayers with the user interface of the ExtJS library provided by Sencha. The project home page is here [3].

The first release of GeoExt was in 2009, and the current version - GeoExt3 started in 2017. Source code copyright has already been assigned to OSGeo (I believe following an application made on the OpenLayers mailing lists [4]). The project will also feature in the next OSGeoLive release [5].

If there are any more details required for the application please let us know.

Regards,

Seth / GeoExt PSC

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Community_Projects#Qualifying_As_An_OSGeo_Community_Project
[2] https://github.com/geoext/geoext3/issues/547