[OSGeo-Discuss] GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 00:49:09 PST 2020

>From GSoC mentors mailing list:

"*Open Source Organizations* that wish to be mentoring orgs for GSoC 2020
can now apply. Orgs please remember the organization application period
will close on Wednesday, February 5th. You can go to g.co/gsoc to complete
your organization's application."

Due to personal reasons, we admins realized none of us has the time to
allocate to GSoC this year. So, OSGeo needs a new Lead Admin or there won't
be GSoC at OSGeo this year.

What's needed to carry out the task?
The Lead Admin is:
- willing to not go offline during the summer
- familiar with GSoC environment (has read all the rules and is capable to
explain / enforce them)
- prompt to respond to emails
- capable of meeting deadlines
- proactive and self-starter

These are only suggestions, we're not recruiting. The process should go on
without us. I'm personally willing to give some support if needed,
compatibly with time availability.

Thanks

Kind regards,
your former OSGeo-GSoC Team