[OSGeo-Discuss] GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 06:22:32 PST 2020

Hi Daniel,

you're right that the wiki page is not much updated, of those listed, Anne,
Jeff and Florin had already retired before last year. The others have
personal reasons that hinder a commitment for this year's edition. I'm sure
all of us will make our best to help whoever takes over, but we're no
longer taking the responsibility to carry out the program.
Hope this clarifies.

Kind regards,

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 2:23 PM Daniel Kastl <daniel at georepublic.de> wrote:

> Thank you to everyone of the admin team, who made GSoC run smoothly in the
> past year.
> I'm a little bit surprised that from one year to the other all 6 admins
> (as listed on the OSGeo page) will not be able to participate anymore.
> It would be definitely good for OSGeo as a mentoring organisation if there
> could be a smooth transition over the years.
>
> Or are you just looking for a "lead admin"?
> Who of the previous admin team is planning to continue?
>
> Kind regards,
> Daniel
>

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:29 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
>
>> >Due to personal reasons, we admins realized none of us has the time to
>> >allocate to GSoC this year. So, OSGeo needs a new Lead Admin or there
>> won't
>> >be GSoC at OSGeo this year.
>> >
>> >What's needed to carry out the task?
>> >The Lead Admin is:
>> >- willing to not go offline during the summer
>> >- familiar with GSoC environment (has read all the rules and is capable
>> >explain / enforce them)
>> >- prompt to respond to emails
>> >- capable of meeting deadlines
>> >- proactive and self-starter
>>
>> good starting point for interested people:
>>
>> https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/
>> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Helmut