[OSGeo-Discuss] GSoC 2020 need new Lead Admin to take over

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Jan 20 05:22:39 PST 2020

Thank you to everyone of the admin team, who made GSoC run smoothly in the
past year.
I'm a little bit surprised that from one year to the other all 6 admins (as
listed on the OSGeo page) will not be able to participate anymore.
It would be definitely good for OSGeo as a mentoring organisation if there
could be a smooth transition over the years.

Or are you just looking for a "lead admin"?
Who of the previous admin team is planning to continue?

Kind regards,
Daniel

On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 1:29 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >Due to personal reasons, we admins realized none of us has the time to
> >allocate to GSoC this year. So, OSGeo needs a new Lead Admin or there
> won't
> >be GSoC at OSGeo this year.
> >
> >What's needed to carry out the task?
> >The Lead Admin is:
> >- willing to not go offline during the summer
> >- familiar with GSoC environment (has read all the rules and is capable to
> >explain / enforce them)
> >- prompt to respond to emails
> >- capable of meeting deadlines
> >- proactive and self-starter
>
> good starting point for interested people:
>
> https://www.osgeo.org/initiatives/gsoc/
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2019
>
> Kind regards
> Helmut