[OSGeo-Discuss] [Analysis] Geospatial server deployment statistics

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:30:39 PDT 2020

That is really interesting Jonathan, if you are open to cross posting it
would be nice to reference this from a GeoServer blog post.

I especially liked the fingerprinting:

> A ridiculously long, 5000+ item list of default projections that the
> server supports that 1 in 6 GeoServer administrators hasn't culled

Surprisingly nobody has made a motion to start with a smaller list, and I
think we found that if we provided a smaller list folks assume GeoServer is
less capable.
What do other WMS implementations do?
--
Jody Garnett