[OSGeo-Discuss] PerfectTIN 0.4.1 released

Pierre Abbat phma at bezitopo.org
Wed Jun 17 15:10:05 PDT 2020

I just released 0.4.1, which has the bug fixed. You can download it from
https://github.com/phma/perfecttin/. The new feature is PLY export, which
requires the Plytapus library https://github.com/phma/plytapus/. You can
compile previous versions of PerfectTIN with Plytapus and they will read PLY
point clouds, but this is the first version that can write a TIN in PLY format.

I'm planning to make the next version color the TIN (if you read it into Cloud
Compare, you get a greenish blob). My first idea is to use one color for
triangles whose dots are all in tolerance, another color for triangles with
dots out of tolerance, and another color for empty triangles where a car or
house was cut out of the point cloud. But I could also color by gradient (what
PerfectTIN does while running) or by elevation. What do you think?

I'd also like to write a website for PerfectTIN. Should I put it as a
subdirectory of Bezitopo (http://bezitopo.org/perfecttin), a subdomain
(perfecttin.bezitopo.org), or a separate domain?

Pierre
--
lo ponse be lo mruli ku po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko