[OSGeo-Discuss] Qgis network plugins

Nathan D dhampir7 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 10:59:44 PDT 2020

Hello!

I have a question regarding network plugins for qgis. I am trying to solve a problem regarding gravel trucks and slope, with the idea of saving money on fuel, as a fully loaded gravel truck uses more gas to go up a slope, rather than down. I have managed to get the slope data I needed, and draped it over the road lines, giving me a start and end slope, with a third column for the average of the start and end slope degrees. The problem is this: I can't find a network analysis plugin for qgis of any kind that allows for user defined impedences, allowing me to create a road hierarchy. I know that ArcGIS has that functionality, but I was hoping that QGIS would have something like that, and I am not sure if I can build it.