[OSGeo-Discuss] Announcement: Call for Location global FOSS4G 2022

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Sat Feb 6 00:41:42 PST 2021

Dear OSGeo/FOSS4G Community,

Our civilization went through a major crisis in the last year. These
days, the world is still holding its breath, waiting for a
solution to the current COVID-19 pandemic. We were all scared and
worried for our family and friends and for our future. However, in time,
we learn how to cope with the situation and how to fight back. And we
have great hopes as the vaccination programs started to roll out across
the globe. Our community has to fight back as well and to find solutions
to continue with our activities. This is why our beloved event, the
global FOSS4G conference, must go on, in one way or the other. If
physical conference will not be possible, well... we must reinvent and
keep the FOSS4G spirit alive.

Today, OSGeo's Conference Committee is happy to announce that the call
for location for the

"Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference 2022"

is open. The events is to be held in Europe or North America. Only in
case that we do not receive any appropriate bid from these parts of the
world, we will consider to accept bids from any region.

Historically, every FOSS4G bid was a great challenge for the LOCs. 2022
will add a bit extra. But, as an anime character once said "Hard work
betrays none". And OSGeo is committed to stand by the hard working LOCs
to provide all the needed support.

Please find all details on our wiki page [1]. In case that you have any
questions, don't hesitate to ask the Conference Committee [2]!

May the FOSS4G be with everyone,

Vasile & Msilikale, on behalf of OSGeo's Conference Committee

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2022_Bid_Process

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Conference_Committee