[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: A new conference on security in Open Source

Vicky Vergara vicky at erosion.dev
Fri Aug 4 11:50:12 PDT 2023

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Alexander Brateanu <info at foss-security-campus.de>
Date: Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 12:58 PM
Subject: A new conference on security in Open Source
To: OSGeo <info at osgeo.org>

Dear OSGeo-team,

we at Plain Schwarz care deeply about supporting open source and free
software. We do this by organizing conferences like Berlin Buzzwords and
FOSS Backstage.
Not only because of various security incidents in the last years like
Log4Shell and Heartbleed, we think that security should be discussed with a
special focus on FOSS. That why we launched a new event called FOSS
Security Campus <https://foss-security-campus.de/> which we hope could be
of interest to OSGeo.

*What is FOSS Security Campus?*

FOSS Security Campus, is a new event focusing on IT security in the FOSS
and open source sector. It will take place in Berlin, September 26-29th,
2023 for the first time. Topics include Open Source Supply Chains, Security
Processes, Vulnerability Disclosure, Bug Bounties, Security by Design, Risk
Mitigation and much more.
The conference part of the event will kick off with a keynote by Melanie
Rieback on "How business models are conflicting with a cybersecure world
<https://program.foss-security-campus.de/fossec23/talk/RSCTGP/>" and on the
second conference day we are looking forward to a keynote by Thijs Ebbers
and Jan Vogel on Zero Privilege Architectures
<https://program.foss-security-campus.de/fossec23/talk/UDEKVT/>.

*Why Campus?*

FOSS Security Campus comprises of two days of full-day and multi-day
training courses, followed by a two day conference.
We are offering in-depth training courses by distinguished experts on the
topics of open source and security, to empower developers, dev ops
engineers, managers and others in the field of software development to make
their products more secure.

The trainings we offer are:

DevSecOps and Software factory included
<https://foss-security-campus.de/trainings/#software-factory> by Thomas
Fricke (Freelancer)
A Game of Cat and Mouse
<https://foss-security-campus.de/trainings/#a-game-of-cat-and-mouse> by
Stefan Grönke (Radically Open Security)
Automated Security Testing
<https://foss-security-campus.de/trainings/#automated-security-testing> by
Peter Mosmans (Radically Open Security)

*Which talks will be at the conference?*

Check out our program <https://foss-security-campus.de/schedule/> which
will be presented on two stages on two days.

We are really excited for this new and unique event. Find out more about
the origin of the project and the event co-founders Isabel Drost-Fromm and
Thomas Fricke in the initial announcement here
<https://foss-security-campus.de/#announcement>.
Tickets <https://foss-security-campus.de/tickets/> are available now,
training <https://foss-security-campus.de/trainings/#shop> seats are
limited.

If OSGeo is interested in partnering with us, please have a look at our
website here <https://foss-security-campus.de/our-partners/>.

We hope to see you in Berlin at FOSS Security Campus, stay save!
the FOSS Security Campus organizers