[OSGeo-Discuss] EU Cyber Resilience Act - potential impacts on open geospatial software?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Aug 19 09:45:45 PDT 2023

Hi,

I've drafted some personal notes in a pad
https://annuel2.framapad.org/p/osgeo_cra-a2r1 if that may help for
further action. Feel free to drop yours into it (anyone with the link
should have edit rights).

I most certainly have mis-understood some things, and the formulation is
too naive to be reused directly

The more I read the actual text of the act, the more it scares me. There
is no way unpaid volunteers can comply with that (just look at the
"CONTENTS OF THE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION" in Annex V, and consider such
documentation may potentially have to be written in an official language
of each member state). Even with funding, this would require specific
expertise, and a serious revamp of our processes, which might end up
being just incompatible with how OSS works.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com