[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Inclusion of your Website in the Library of Congress Web Archives

Vicky Vergara vicky at erosion.dev
Wed Sep 13 09:26:57 PDT 2023

Hi all,
For your information
Regards

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Webcapture [Library of Congress] <webcapture at loc.gov>
Date: Tue, Sep 12, 2023 at 5:32 AM
Subject: Inclusion of your Website in the Library of Congress Web Archives
To: <info at osgeo.org>

To Whom It May Concern:

The United States Library of Congress has selected your website for
inclusion in the Geospatial Software and File Formats Web Archive, which is
part of a larger collection of historically and culturally significant
websites that have been designated for preservation. The following URL has
been selected: https://www.osgeo.org/.

The Library of Congress or its agent will engage in the collection of
content from your website at regular intervals over time. In order to
properly archive the above URL, we may archive other portions of the
website and public content that your page links to on third party sites
such as social media platforms. In addition to the aforementioned
collection, archived content from your website may be added to other
relevant collections in the future. This content will be available to
researchers at Library facilities and by special arrangement. It may also
become more broadly available through hosting on the Library’s public
website, which would be done no sooner than one year after it was
collected. For more information on the web archiving process, please read
our frequently asked questions
<https://www.loc.gov/programs/web-archiving/for-site-owners/frequently-asked-questions/>
.

The Library hopes that you share its vision of preserving digital content
and making it available to current and future generations of researchers.
As the internet has become an increasingly important and influential part
of our lives, we believe the historical record would be incomplete if
websites like yours are not preserved and made a part of it. We encourage
you to learn more about the Library’s Web Archiving program
<https://www.loc.gov/programs/web-archiving/> and explore our collections
<https://www.loc.gov/web-archives/> to see examples of how we archive
websites. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations
concerning the archiving of your website, please email the Library's Web
Archiving Team at webcapture at loc.gov.

Thank you.

*Library of Congress Web Archiving Team*
webcapture at loc.gov
[image: Library of Congress logo]