[OSGeo-Discuss] Mailing lists to discourse migration

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jan 2 15:39:31 PST 2024

They would need to log into discourse at least once and then mark the category as “Watching”

Like for example – the qgis-fr-user category is here - https://discourse.osgeo.org/c/qgis/qgis-fr-user/5

And then within your profile, there is an Emails section, you can decide if you want to be emailed or not for watched categories and how frequently.

There is also a decision category managers (aka mailing list admins) need to make if they want anyone with an OSGeo discourse account to be able to post to their categories, or only people in a group.  You can invite all people in your old mailing list into the new group to expedite things.