[OSGeo-Discuss] Revamped spatialreference.org

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 8 13:24:46 PST 2024

Nice Javier and team, thanks for bringing it back.Best--Jorge SanzSent from my phone, excuse my brevity and typos. ---- On dl.,08 de gen. 2024 19:35:07 +0100  discuss at lists.osgeo.org  wrote ----HiEven Rouault suggested me to announce here the availability of
      the refreshed spatialreference.orgHoward Butler already announced it in the PROJ mailing list (very nice words, thanks). Maybe some people from this list are interested as well.Yesterday https://spatialreference.org/ was renewed, after many years (10?) of inactivity. The style is the same (yes, from the beginning of this century), but the data is now up to date. It includes modern formats that didn't exist back then like WKT2 or PROJJSON. As Howard says in https://fosstodon.org/@hobu/111718045341643725it is now statically generated, blazing fast, GitHub pages hosted, based on PROJ/PyPROJ.I started this project a few months ago after Even
 Rouault suggested me the idea based on my previous development of
https://crs-explorer.proj.org/The main idea is exactly the
same as in the CRS-Explorer: generate in python a JSON file with all the
 CRSs available in PROJ using PyPROJ, and display the information in a
webpage statically hosted in GitHub pages (helped by JavaScript).The code to generate the webpage (and the webpage itself) is at https://github.com/OSGeo/spatialreference.org/Cheers,Javier.___ ._ ..._ .. . ._.  .___ .. __ . _. . __..  ... .... ._ .__