Change in mailing list configuration

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Jan 12 02:03:55 PST 2024

On Thu, Jan 11, 2024 at 10:32:06PM +0100, Javier Jimenez Shaw wrote:
> Hi Sandro
>
> It is surprising, but this is the first email from "discuss" that Gmail is
> suggesting it could be spam. It says
>
> "Be careful with this message
> The sender hasn't authenticated this message, so Gmail can't verify that it
> actually came from them."

I think this is because with the new configuration you're receiving the email
with MY email address rather than the OSGeo service email address as the sender,
so your mail server is evaluating MY reputation rather than the OSGeo one.

I clearly have to work on my email address reputation more (I do have
SPF setup but not DKIM).

--strk;