[OSGeo-Discuss] Mailing lists to discourse migration

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 30 01:39:04 PST 2024

On 2024-01-30 8:15, Alexander Kmoch via Discuss wrote:

> Dear OSGeo admin team,
>
> we from Estonia haven't had a mailing list before and wanted to
> consider to apply for a qgis or osgeo mailing list for Estonia. Now
> with the Discourse option, we would be really keen to get a QGIS
> usergroup forum for our Estonian community.
>
> How can we "apply" ?
>
> Best,
>
> Alex

Hi Alex, thanks for your request.

Usually asking for new mailing lists has been discussed at OSGeo
Trac[1]. I think we can do the same for Discourse. Please feel free to
open a new ticket there for a focused discussion on your needs or let me
know and I can open it for you.

I've opened a ticket about creating a parent category for all
chapters[2]. I could create the Estonia category right away but better
decide on the place for all this type of discussions and then we can
give you the space to not open chances for confusion to your colleagues.

Cheers!

[1]: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
[2]: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/3133

--