[DotNet-OSGeo] More introductions and a joint development proposal...

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Wed Jun 16 11:54:25 EDT 2010

I'm late getting back to the party, but...

* How does MapWindow v6 do its graphics - WPF, Forms, GDI, DirectX, ..?

* I'm totally in favor of filling out a Spatial namespace.  Not sure if it is PC to hijack the System top level namespace, but that aside I'd love to see something like this come together.  Especially if we can keep things safe for Mono folks too.  What can I do to help?   GDAL and liblas both have .NET bindings, so those could be used for raster and LAS support.

* "OSGeo.NET" has a nice ring to it :-)

* Do we have a listing of .NET geo projects somewhere?  I started a page (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/DotNetProjects) once upon a time, but it is likely very out of date now.

-mpg