[DotNet-OSGeo] More introductions and a joint development proposal...

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Wed Jun 16 19:02:23 EDT 2010

OSGeo.NET does have a nice ring... That's a great way to characterize those
involved in these .NET projects. I was thinking of proposing using this for
a core shared namespace, but we've leaned towards System.Spatial just for
the sake of totally "debranding" the lowest level of stuff - even from the
OSGeo brand... with the idea that maybe we could pick up more commercial
users who could ultimately help fund further development - assuming that
commercial developers might be more comfortable with a totally generic
naming convention. Anyway it's a starting place I suppose.

Also, I would like to get you all thinking about a meeting in June 2011 in
San Diego... Sort of a FOSS4g.NET chapter meeting...

- Dan

amesdani at isu.edu
geology.isu.edu
www.mapwindow.org