[OSGeo-Edu] proposed meeting Apr 11

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Fri Apr 7 02:04:37 EDT 2006

Puneet Kishor kirjoitti:

> The agenda of the meeting will be --
>
> 1. To introduce ourselves and our interests (sort of a repeat of what
> is there on the wiki already, but it will help get everyone know each
> other).
>
> 2. To try and identify a few key threads in the variety of interests
> that we want to pursue.
>
> 3. To attempt to aggregate ourselves into sub-committees that would
> pursue the various threads separately. We can't all be everything to
> everyone, so we have to break up our goals into sub-goals, and try and
> accomplish those -- from higher research, to curriculum, to
> pre-packaged tools, to evangelism... lets begin to identify them
> consensually.

I'd like to add one very concrete item: the wiki pages.We have now four
pages if I'm correct. Let's go through them and discuss the contents.
For example, main page
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Education_and_Curriculum_Committee I
think it should start with the mission and the names list should be
somewhere else. Then, do we agree on the mission? etc. etc. We could
also edit as we go.

By the way, the more static agreed on things should then be moved (not
copied) to https://edu.osgeo.org/?

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics