proposed meeting Apr 11

Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Fri Apr 7 01:17:10 EDT 2006

All,

I am proposing a meeting for Tue Apr 11, at 11p GMT-6 (figure out your
respective times). This will be an "getting our feet wet" meeting.
Markus won't be around, and I am not sure who else will not be around.
But, some of us have confirmed our availability.

We will use IRC. Markus has put together a helpful cheat-sheet at
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/HowToIRC. I myself am
new to IRC, but have installed Chatzilla, and that seems to work quite
well. There are a few other open source IRC clients out there. Just
Google for 'em.

The agenda of the meeting will be --

1. To introduce ourselves and our interests (sort of a repeat of what
is there on the wiki already, but it will help get everyone know each
other).

2. To try and identify a few key threads in the variety of interests
that we want to pursue.

3. To attempt to aggregate ourselves into sub-committees that would
pursue the various threads separately. We can't all be everything to
everyone, so we have to break up our goals into sub-goals, and try and
accomplish those -- from higher research, to curriculum, to
pre-packaged tools, to evangelism... lets begin to identify them
consensually.

If too many of us are not going to be available Apr 11, I will be happy
to reconvene after Apr 17 when Markus is also around, else lets get
things started sooner rather than later.

One caveat -- I too will be on the road (am already on the road -- hate
it). In fact, Apr 11, I will be in a hotel where I know the internet
works quite well. In all probability everything will be fine from my
side, but in case something goes kaput, you know I will blame the
hotel.

--
Puneet Kishor
www.eidesis.org/punkish/